Wednesday, November 4, 2020

An Invitation From Jesus


Jesus’ table calls everyone to come and dine..
to "feast" on who He is 
and learn more about Him through the Word.





 


Jesus invites you to His table. 


When we taste and see that the Lord is good, 

we want to know Him more. 

He satisfies and fills us, but we want more!



“O God, I have tasted your goodness, and it has made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me.” 

A.W. Tozer






"Jesus’ declaration, “I am the Bread of Life” 
takes on a whole new meaning—
one that’s more textured than ever before.

In one statement, Christ makes endless statements:
I am your staple.
I am your sustenance.
I am your nourishment.
I am the extraordinary in your ordinary.
I am your past, present, and future.

In making this declaration, Jesus revealed Himself 
as the seed, the grain, the sacrifice, the offering, the provision. 

In making this declaration, Jesus alludes to God 
the Creator, Sustainer, Life-giver, Provider.

*Jesus didn’t choose to be 
the ganache or the wagu or the truffles of life, 
but a simple, ordinary, common food.

*Jesus didn’t announce Himself as pumpernickel or rye,
 but the “Bread of Life.”


MARGARET FEINBERG




















Comments



No comments:

Post a Comment